Recently, ARRIS brought in teachers from all over the Philadelphia School District for a full-day survey course on tomorrow’s entertainment and communications technology.
We opened up our Horsham Customer Experience Center to host the Spring 2015 Philadelphia School Teacher Professional Development Day—giving local teachers a glimpse of how we help service providers bring new technology and experiences—like 4K, multiscreen, and high-speed broadband—to homes in the Philadelphia metro area.
Our own Global Services manager, Kim Andrews, volunteered the ARRIS Horsham campus for the event as a way to bring community educators up to speed on how a local technology leader is collaborating with its customers to Invent the Future for millions of people around the world—while offering some inspiration as to the kinds of jobs, innovation, and experiences that await local students.
“Our presentations included recommendations to energize the ‘conversations between teachers and students,’ ” said Kim. “And hopefully, they’ll jumpstart interest from students in the local tech industry.”
ARRIS is showcasing its portfolio of transformative network and analytics technologies at this year’s China Content Broadcasting Network Exhibition – Broadcasting Development Forum (CCBN-BDF) event.
Attendees at CCBN will get to learn more about the solutions that address the big concerns for operators and experience first-hand how ARRIS can deliver tomorrow’s advanced TV services:
Big Data Analytics
Big data, one of the hottest topics in technology. Collecting metadata on consumer behavior can help operators in many ways, such as: improve service to consumers, create more targeted advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. ARRIS will be demonstrating LIVE analytics data to illustrate the power of Big Data Analytics on the stand.at CCBN.
ARRIS is transforming networks to deliver tomorrow’s viewing experiences:
- The market-leading ARRIS E6000™ Converged Edged Router (CER) will once again be a focus for operators in China looking to offer advanced TV and network services to consumers. The flagship product has become the industry standard for quality of service and reliability (99.999% availability) and is already delivering 1Gbps broadband speeds in Asia with SK Broadband.
- The ARRIS AgileMax™ is an exciting new breakthrough in FTTH network technology called Hybrid PON, or HPON. Next‐generation AgileMax™ optical distribution technology allows operators to deploy a fiber to the premise network that integrates seamlessly with existing HFC, increases bandwidth capacity, provides a seamless migration path to PON and completely eliminates Optical Beat Interference (OBI).
- ARRIS ServAssure™ Network Performance Management ensures the continuity and efficiency of networks. Providing complete transparency of network health, it highlights VoIP and high-speed data performance and network quality issues through proven analytics.
“CCBN is an important event in the calendar for us. This year’s event looks to be one of the most successful years yet for us. ARRIS will showcase a compelling portfolio of products, for the next generation entertainment services. Our product line-up supports operators to deliver advanced products and services to consumers within a fast-paced industry said Tim Gropp, Senior Vice President of Sales for Asia Pacific at ARRIS.
ARRIS will be exhibiting at the CCBN event (26-28th March 2015) at Booth No: 3203, Hall 3 – Beijing China International Exhibition Center (CIEC).
Our own Sandy Howe, SVP of Global Marketing, made Multichannel News’ 2015 list of “Wonder Women”—celebrating the top female executives in telecommunications.
For the past 17 years, Multichannel News’ editorial team and the New York chapter of Women In Cable Telecommunications (WICT) have selected the top industry decision-makers for this prestigious award.
Today, at an awards luncheon in the Hilton New York, they welcomed Sandy and the 12 other inductees to the elite group. Sandy is the first ARRIS employee to be named a Wonder Woman and was selected for her extraordinary accomplishments in guiding ARRIS’s global marketing, communications and market development.
Congratulations, Sandy! You’re a superhero to all of us at ARRIS and an inspiration to our industry.
This is a busy week for the global cable industry. Two huge industry events open their doors, Cable Congress in Brussels (Europe) and the KCTA in Korea (Asia Pacific).
Both events are attracting goliaths of the cable industry, and ARRIS is among hustle and bustle of both, talking about the big issues:
- At KCTA – Big Data, opportunities and benefits for operators and consumers
- At KCTA – The latest compression technologies and what is driving them (UHD & HDR). ARRIS’s flagship compression product (ME-7000) is also being showcased for the first time in Asia, which will undoubtedly turn some heads on the east continent.
- At Cable Congress – DOCSIS 3.1 – capacity gains that are possible from the new access network
- At Cable Congress - Distributed CCAP Architectures that pledge to overcome current limitations and to foster the introduction of digital optics.
Two insightful ARRIS executives will be speaking at these events:
- Per Anders, Solutions Architect at ARRIS (Asia Pacific) will give his speech on Network DVR enabling new advertising opportunities, at KCTA at 10.15am KST, Thursday 12th March.
- Ayham Al-Banna, Distinguished Systems Engineer & Architect, CTO Office at ARRIS, joins a panel debate at Cable Congress on Distributed Architecture at 11.30 am CET, Friday 13th March. He will discuss new access networks such as DOCSIS 3.1 and CCAP to identify if there are really the answers to the bandwidth crunch.
If you are at either event, please stop by our stands and say hello, or catch our illustrious speakers above.
- ARRIS is at Booth # 31 at Cable Congress.
- ARRIS is at Booth #C8 at KCTA.
At this past week’s RDK User Conference in Denver, platinum sponsor ARRIS not only demonstrated a range of RDK-enabled hardware and software solutions, but also its commitment to RDK advancement through its many significant contributions to the industry.
The product exhibition included ARRIS’s TG16282 DOCSIS Wireless Gateway device, which is the first such device enabled to support RDK-B. RDK Management also announced that it will be using ARRIS coding to add support for the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) standard that is widely deployed internationally.
This code was successfully run during the conference on an ARRIS DCX3620 DVB RDK-enabled Gateway, and is crucial to extending the RDK’s applicability for use in DVB markets, as well as making RDK more easily adoptable in global markets.
In addition to product demonstrations, ARRIS CTO, CPE Products Charles Cheevers and VP of Product Management, Rob Folk led industry discussions as panelists on the RDK-B Panel the OEM Panel respectively.
With RDK quickly becoming a crucial component to service providers’ ability to more rapidly and economically deploy next generation CPE product, ARRIS is well-positioned as a key enabler of the first wave of RDK deployments worldwide.
Today through Friday, Bell Canada’s annual Network Leadership Conference will bring together more than 400 network professionals to discuss the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
This year, ARRIS is a Gold sponsor, and we’ll be there to highlight our solutions and services, with ARRIS Engineering Fellow, Matt Milford. He’ll be hosting several information sessions on Cloud DVR, Digital Ad Insertion, and UltraHD technology.
The technology trends that Matt highlights in his sessions are some of the insights that we’ve used to transform our approach to product development, and our booth and demos will highlight the results. We’ll give attendees hands-on, real-time demonstrations of our next-generation network technologies, including a look at our Static CPE devices. It’ll be a great opportunity to learn more about ARRIS solutions from our product experts.
To see Matt’s session, come by Dockside Room 5 on Thursday morning at 8:55 a.m., 9:50 a.m. or 10:45 a.m. And if you’re attending the conference, be sure to stop by booths 35 and 36 and check out our demos.