At INTX, ARRIS is showcasing new additions and extensions to our flagship E6000® Converged Edge Router (CER), the industry’s most widely deployed CCAP™ platform. These enhancements—including a new 10G EPON Fiber Module, Router Switch Module 2 (RSM-2) and UCAM-2 module—will help our service provider customers scale to tomorrow’s even higher bandwidth services by preparing their networks for DOCSIS® 3.1 migration and multi-gigabit speeds of the future.
We’ll demonstrate the updated capabilities of our E6000 CER, including:
- The new multi-gigabit services and greater capacity that operators can deliver with the 10G EPON Fiber Module and the Router System Module 2 (RSM-2)
- The high-density 10G EPON solution will be shown live for the first time, demonstrating multi-gigabit symmetrical service delivery with the E6000 chassis
- Also shown for the first time is the RSM-2, which substantially increases the E6000 network-side interface capacity and its packet forwarding capacity, preparing the E6000 platform for future bandwidth growth
- The super-fast upstream speeds enabled by the DOCSIS 3.1 capable UCAM-2
- The UCAM-2 provides significant increases in both DOCSIS 3.0 upstream channel capacity per service group and the ability to support DOCSIS 3.1 in the upstream
- The doubling of downstream DOCSIS 3.1 support with the current, first-generation DCAM via a software-only upgrade.
- Convergence of video into the platform with traditional MPEG digital video and IP video
- Realizing the goal of converging video and data into the CCAP
We will also have a static display of our planned Remote PHY (R-PHY) solution, which will further extend the capabilities of the E6000 CER.
Stop by our booth (#1214) to see our expanded downstream offerings for DOCSIS 3.1 as well as our new advancements to support it in the upstream.