We’d like to clarify some confusion around our popular SURFboard® SB6141 and SB6121 cable modems.
There are currently no plans to end production of the SB6141 and you can still buy the product at your favorite stores: Amazon, Best Buy, NewEgg, and the ARRIS SURFshop.
After all, it’s one of the most reliable modems on the market and one of the best investments you can make as a cable customer.
The SB6121 is being phased out and replaced by the SB6141. However there are many SB6121s still available for purchase, and we’ll continue to provide technical support for this device.
We’ve also seen some confusion around both of these products’ use with Comcast’s XFINITY Internet service. Here’s what you need to know:
- If you purchased (or plan to purchase) your SB6141, Comcast will continue to provision and support it. You’re protected by our industry-leading two-year warranty. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the fast Internet the SB6141 provides.
- If you previously purchased an SB6121, Comcast currently will continue to provision and support it. However, Comcast advises customers that this device is not recommended for any speeds above its 105 Mbps tier.
- Comcast has updated its compatibility site at http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net to clarify that the purchased versions of the SB6141 and SB6121 are approved for use.
- If you LEASE your SB6141 or SB6121 from Comcast, those devices will continue to work, but Comcast will not be LEASING any new SB6121 or SB6141 units, and will be transitioning you into a newer device in the not-too-distant future.
If you have questions about our SURFboard SB6141 or SB6121, please contact us here. Also, visit us at surfboard.com to view our entire portfolio and find a product that fits your needs.
Our SURFboard modems just may be perfect. They’re fast, reliable, and affordable. And now we’re giving you a choice for colors for one of our most popular models.
For a limited time, you can pick up our SURFboard SB6141 cable modem in black—exclusively through Amazon for MSRP $99.99. It packs the speed and reliability you expect from our legendary SURFboard® line into the same compact and affordable package as our standard SB6141.
We knew you’d have questions, so we put together this handy Q&A:
- Why are you offering a black modem? Color options. You want them; we give them to you.
- Does the SB6141’s black color scheme signify different specs? In short, no.
- If the SB6141 unit is black, does this mean it is a refurbished rental from an ISP provider? Again, no. All refurbished, formerly rented units are distinguished by telltale brown packaging and sticker that states “refurbished” on the unit.
- Do both the black and white units feature the same level of warranty protection? Yes, they do.
- The indicator lights on the front of the unit are bright and not ideal for dark rooms; is there any way to manipulate their brightness? We’re glad you asked. ARRIS is developing firmware that will allow consumers the freedom to adjust the brightness level of individual units. We’ll let you know when it’s available.
- With which cable providers is the SB6141 compatible? All major cable providers. Take your pick: Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Charter, Time Warner, Mediacom, Bright House, etc.
- By purchasing an ARRIS modem, like the SB6141, do I pay a rental fee to my service provider? No, you do not. In fact, by buying one of our retail modems, you can save an average of $9 each month (or more than $100 per year) in modem rental fees. So treat yourself to something nice, or buy one for a friend.
- Will the ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 support my home phone connection? It won’t work with your cable Internet provider bundled telephony service but will support pure IP telephony services, such as Ooma, Magic Jack, Vonage, etc. For Comcast users, take a look at our Touchstone Telephony Gateway TG862G.
- Why should I purchase this modem? Style. Savings. Speed. The list goes on. When you buy an ARRIS SURFboard SB6141, you’re getting one of the most advanced modems on the market, built from a legacy of innovation that goes back over half a century, and backed by our unmatched two-year warranty.
Everything looks good in black!
In the latest installment of the ARRIS Video Series, our Director of Global Retail Sales, Tom Boshell, takes a detailed look at the ARRIS SURFboard® cable modem and gateway portfolio.
These five videos offer an overview of the primary products in our line-up as well as detailed demonstrations, set-up procedures, and more.
- Gateways: This video reviews the standard features and set-up of our SURFboard Wi-Fi cable modems—some of the fastest and most reliable solutions for connecting to the Internet.
- Cable Modems: Tom covers the wired cable modem components of our SURFboard line-up, which are all about boosting your home network bandwidth and speed.
- Speed Test: This video features a real-time demonstration of the operating capabilities featured in our cable modems.
- Advanced Settings: Tom dives into the advanced settings that allow SURFboard users to enjoy a truly personalized experience—including custom network names and passwords, guest network management, parental controls, firewalls, and more.
- MoCA Technology: Tom offers a rundown of MoCA technology—a game-changer in delivering the ultimate connected experience.
Check out all of these videos using the links above or find them all here.