The SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2016 is fast approaching, and there will be many opportunities to hear from ARRIS experts who can provide insights into the hottest topics in the cable industry.
ARRIS Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board Bob Stanzione will join fellow industry leaders to share their vision of the future of the cable industry during the Opening Session. Industry experts, such as Jim Blackley, Executive VP, Engineering and IT, Charter Communications, Balan Nair, EVP and CTO of Liberty Global, and Zoran Stakic, EVP and CTO of Shaw Communications, will address trends, technology and operational issues impacting the industry.
ARRIS also is participating in 10 technical speaking sessions this year, spanning topics, such as virtual and augmented reality, DOCSIS 3.1® network readiness, machine learnings in network operations, and much more. Additionally, ARRIS experts will be moderating three panels during the Expo.
Below is a full schedule of ARRIS speakers and presentations throughout the week. Drop by our booth #1074 to see demos of our latest solutions transforming the future of entertainment and communications.
Monday, September 26
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Advanced Encoding Meets IP Video Delivery (Sridhar Kunisetty, Distinguished Engineer)
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Access Technology Energy: Changing the Equation (John Ulm, Fellow of the Technical Staff)
Tuesday, September 27
- 9:45 – 10:30 am: Opening Session (Bob Stanzione, Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board)
- 10:45 – 11:45 am: Immersive Video Experiences (Charles Cheevers, CTO, Customer Premises Equipment)
Wednesday, September 28
- 9:00 – 10:00 am: Fiber Access Architecture Strategies (John Ulm, Fellow of Technical Staff)
- 10:15 – 11:15 am: Service Activation and Management with SDN/NFV (Michael Emmendorfer, Senior Director of Solution Architecture and Strategy)
- 10:15 – 11:15 am: Optimize This: IP Video (Bill Hanks, Director of Broadband Systems Engineering)
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm: Innovation Theatre: Network Strategies CTO Tom Cloonan discusses the Future of the HFC Network with executives from Comcast and Cox
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: To Multicast or Not to Multicast: It’s No Longer the Question! (Or Is It?) (Tushar Mathur, Senior Systems Engineer at CTO Office – Network Solutions)
Thursday, September 29
- 8:00 – 9:00 am: International Breakfast Panel sponsored by ARRIS: ARRIS International MD Steve McCaffery hosts a panel of international service providers and technologists Room 120 A_C
- 12:45 – 1:45 pm: Putting a Box Around Wi-Fi Performance – Characterizing Performance and Setting Expectations (Carol Ansley, Home Wi-Fi Optimization)
- 12:45 – 1:45 pm: The Power of Color (Dr. Sean McCarthy, Fellow of the Technical Staff)
*all times local ET*