The excitement is building as we prepare for ANGA COM 2017 next week. We’ll be showcasing the latest ARRIS technology and solutions that are connecting millions of people and billions of devices around the globe.
Visit our booth #G10 in Hall 7, and we can help answer some of the most pressing questions facing operators today:
- How do I successfully deploy DOCSIS® 3.1?
- How and when do I transition to a distributed architecture?
- How can I cost-effectively deploy fiber deeper into the network?
- How can we implement a planned, evolutionary approach to an all-IP architecture with minimal impact to our subscribers?
- How can I improve Wi-Fi home network performance and generate fewer calls to the call center?
- How do software platforms like RDK and Android, and the latest UHD/HDR-capable hardware affect my set-top choices?
Demo highlights will include:
- The industry’s widest range of network solutions to evolve your network to deliver DOCSIS 3.1 gigabit services today and prepare for tomorrow. Including:
- High-capacity second-generation hardware for the ARRIS E6000® CER and Remote PHY modules suitable for the European cable plant
- Technology for fiber-to-the-home or premises, including OBI-free RFoG, 10G Node PON and 10G EPON
- DOCSIS 3.1 ready 1.2GHz HFC products
- Network transformation services to accelerate time to market of DOCSIS 3.1
- Proactive Network Management tools to improve service levels through automated identification and prioritization of existing and potential service impairments, and prepare the network for DOCSIS 3.1. We will introduce the new Virtual Spectrum Analyzer feature of ServAssure® Alarm Central that reduces the need to send technicians out for fault diagnosis
- Our industry-leading portfolio of DOCSIS 3.1 gateways and modems, showcasing multi-gigabit performance
- Wi-Fi Connected Home solutions that improve Wi-Fi performance and coverage throughout the home while focusing on customer usability. This will include our gateway and extender portfolio that features self-configuration and automated network optimization software, the ECO management platform and consumer self-help tools.
- Service Provider Wi-Fi solutions that deliver unified Wi-Fi services for the home, community, multi-dwelling unit, venue and enterprises from a centrally managed platform.
- Video set-tops featuring 4K UHD/HDR HEVC technology, running RDK, Android and KreaTV software platforms
- ARRIS’s pragmatic approach to evolving today’s video delivery infrastructure to leverage the benefits of all IP Video infrastructure.
You can also catch ARRIS executives and experts speaking in the conference, providing insights into some of our industry’s hottest topics.
We look forward to meeting you in Cologne!
The conference at this year’s ANGA COM will feature an impressive selection of ARRIS executives and experts, providing insights into some of our industry’s hottest topics: such as deploying DOCSIS® 3.1 for gigabit services; optimizing Wi-Fi; personalizing and monetizing TV; and what’s next for HFC (including Distributed Access Architectures such as Remote PHY and Full Duplex DOCSIS).
Below is a full schedule of ARRIS speakers and presentations. Visit us in Hall 7 at booth #G10 to see demos of our latest solutions that power the digital world.
Keep an eye here to find the latest updates on the show or follow us on Twitter @ARRIS for real-time updates and news.
Wednesday, May 31st
- 10.00 -11.15: Wireless Convergence and Optimizing Wi-Fi Coverage (Charles Cheevers, CTO, Customer Premises Equipment)
- 11.45-13.00: Deploying DOCSIS 3.1 – Challenge for Today’s HFC Networks? (Ayham Al-Banna, Engineering Fellow, CTO Office, Network Solutions)
- 13.30-14.30: Gigabit Networks and New TV (Steve McCaffery, President, International Sales and Managing Director International Business Operations Group)
- 15.00-16.15: Personalized TV: Product trends and monetization (Cornel Ciocirlan, CTO, EMEA)
- 15.00-16.15: Realities of Deploying in Distributed Access Architectures (John Ulm, Engineering Fellow, CTO Office, Network Solutions)
- 16.30-17.45: The Complete Story on Full Duplex DOCSIS (Tom Cloonan, CTO, Network Solutions)
*all times local Central European Time (CET)
Your significant other isn’t the only thing that deserves attention this Valentine’s Day.
Your Wi-Fi® is now a vital element of your home life. Show it some TLC, and it’ll love you back by not ruining your night in front of a romcom.
These three tips will give you Wi-Fi to make Cupid proud.
See other people – You don’t have to be faithful to your gateway if you can get better performance from someone else. Not all gateways are created equal. You can stay with your current service provider but, investigate in a new gateway that will boost the service you’re currently receiving. Look for options with more download and upload channels to boost speeds.
Choose a better position – Moving things to the bedroom? Not so fast! If your gateway is all the way downstairs, you might not get the streaming quality you expect. Make sure your gateway is in the heart of your home to get the best coverage throughout, even in the bedroom.
Set the mood – When you achieve full coverage in every room of your house, you’ll have more options to connect more devices, apps and services. For example, adding connected lighting to your home will make use of your enhanced broadband. And by using voice commands, you’ll be able to get the lighting just right without breaking the mood by fiddling with buttons and menus.
It’s Valentine’s Day after all, so why not become more affectionate with better broadband and entertainment without the flaws?
PS. You can find more info on our SURfboard® portfolio that will steal your heart at www.surfboard.com
Carol Ansley, Counsel and Senior Director at ARRIS
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic,” declared science-fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke. Said another way, great technology is seamless and invisible: it shouldn’t get in the way of the experience. And the same is true for Wi-Fi.
But there are myriad measures and underlying forces that must align perfectly to make Wi-Fi indistinguishable from magic and meet today’s customer demand.
This month at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2016, Carol Ansley, Counsel and Senior Director at ARRIS, will discuss how service providers can readily address Wi-Fi issues using existing technology and data and talk about alternative metrics for evaluating and diagnosing Wi-Fi problems at home.
In her panel, she’ll provide answers to questions such as:
- What do consumers define as “good” Wi-Fi performance?
- What factors—such as environment and services—can affect Wi-Fi performance?
- What is the impact of a customer’s choice of Wi-Fi antennae, frequencies and channel bands on display devices?
Learn more by attending the “Home Wi-Fi Optimization” panel on Thursday, September 29 from 12:45 – 1:45 p.m. The panel will be moderated by Maria Popo, President of Ubee Interactive and also include insights from David Urban, a Distinguished Engineer at Comcast.
UPDATE 10/24: The SBG7580-AC is now available at Best Buy.
CEDIA is one of the year’s most important showcases of hot new home technology. That’s why we’re at the show introducing our latest wireless gateway: the SURFboard SBG7580-AC. It’s made for consumers who want to take the Gigabit revolution into their own hands.
Gigabit gives you the freedom to surf, game, and stream in 4K Ultra HD to your heart’s content. And our SBG7580-AC features DOCSIS® 3.0 with 32×8 channel bonding for getting every last drop of Gigabit speed into your home. Meanwhile, the SBG7580-AC supports integrated dual band current Wi-Fi® and 802.11ac, to ensure your Wi-Fi network is equally as fast —for enjoying your favorite content on all your favorite devices.
Pre-order your SURFboard SBG7580-AC on Amazon today for $229.
Until then, be sure to stop by our booth (#7224) at CEDIA to see the future of Gigabit technology.
* Actual speeds are dependent on the level of service subscribed to by the consumer.
We’re at The Independent Show in Orlando this week to showcase our portfolio of turnkey solutions for regional service providers. Combined with our recently expanded Channel Program, to now include the US and Canada, we offer a variety of customized resources for accelerating delivery of the most advanced new services to consumers—including Gigabit broadband, Service provider Wi-Fi, and Cloud & IP video.
Some of our featured booth demonstrations will include:
- Delivering better Gigabit broadband to the home
- Achieving stronger high performance Wi-Fi solutions for service providers
- Full IP adaptive bit rate (ABR) solutions for set top and multiscreen devices
If you’re at The Independent Show, be sure to stop by Booth #501 & 503 to check out our demos and speak with our experts. We look forward to seeing you there!