Following the announcement of ARRIS’s 2015 Consumer Entertainment Index annual survey results, Quartz posted an article highlighting how binge-watching has become a solo activity.
ZCorum announced that its DOCSIS analysis software tool will now be supporting ARRIS C4® CMTS technology. Broadband Technology Report reported that ZCorum’s software will be an opening to “return path spectrum” without the need of “special equipment.”
WideOpenWest (WOW) has struck a joint deal with TiVo® and Evolution Digital to offer both traditional linear TV and VOD services as well as over-the-top content, according to Multichannel News.
Lastly, a global IPTV market report published this week suggested that growth is fueled by an increase in consumer demand of HDTV channels and video-on-demand (VOD) features. According to Rapid TV News, various technology firms have the potential of growing but satellite and cable TV operators could stall its development.
Check back next week for the latest industry news.
- You’re not alone: Binge watching is a solo activity for most people (July 21, 2015) By Alice Truong, Quartz. Streaming services have made it incredibly easy for people to watch multiple episodes—or even entire seasons—at a time.
- Arris Launches Hosted WiFi for Indie Operators (July 21, 2015) By Mari Silbey, Light Reading. At the NCTC Independent Show today in Boston, Arris Group Inc. announced the debut of a hosted Wi-Fi service for communications service providers.
- ZCORUM ADDS SUPPORT FOR ARRIS CMTSS (July 20, 2015) By BTR Staff, Broadband Technology Report: ZCorum announced that its DOCSIS return path analysis software tool, Upstream Analyzer, now supports the ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) C4 CMTS.
- WideOpenWest Taps Into TiVo (July 22, 2015) By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News: WideOpenWest (WOW) has struck a joint development deal with TiVo and Evolution Digital that will enable the MSO to offer a blend of traditional linear TV and VOD services and over-the-top content via a new low-cost hybrid IP/QAM device and through Web and mobile apps powered by the TiVo platform.
- HDTV, VOD to drive IPTV to near $80BN revs by 2020 (July 22, 2015), Rapid TV News: Never hitting the highs of satellite but also not enduring the lows of cable, the IPTV sector has kept a relatively low profile but this may change as it enters a period of rapid growth, says Transparency Market Research.