You may have seen articles over the weekend about our SURFboard® SB6141 cable modem. We want to provide some updates.
First and foremost, we developed a firmware upgrade to correct the issue affecting the SB6141. This firmware upgrade will be automatically sent to your device from your cable operator.
Second, we want to assure you that the issue affecting the SB6141 does not provide any risk to user data. IF you were impacted, you would have seen your modem reboot and been offline for a short period of time. Fortunately, we haven’t received any reported instances of this happening.
Third, we want to be very clear that the issue does not affect 135 million modems. Reports stating this number were incorrect, and we reached out to the publications that published them to address their inaccuracy.
Our company takes product performance very seriously. We continue to work actively with security organizations and our Service Provider customers to quickly resolve any potential vulnerabilities to protect the subscribers who use our devices.
We’d like to clarify some confusion around our popular SURFboard® SB6141 and SB6121 cable modems.
There are currently no plans to end production of the SB6141 and you can still buy the product at your favorite stores: Amazon, Best Buy, NewEgg, and the ARRIS SURFshop.
After all, it’s one of the most reliable modems on the market and one of the best investments you can make as a cable customer.
The SB6121 is being phased out and replaced by the SB6141. However there are many SB6121s still available for purchase, and we’ll continue to provide technical support for this device.
We’ve also seen some confusion around both of these products’ use with Comcast’s XFINITY Internet service. Here’s what you need to know:
- If you purchased (or plan to purchase) your SB6141, Comcast will continue to provision and support it. You’re protected by our industry-leading two-year warranty. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the fast Internet the SB6141 provides.
- If you previously purchased an SB6121, Comcast currently will continue to provision and support it. However, Comcast advises customers that this device is not recommended for any speeds above its 105 Mbps tier.
- Comcast has updated its compatibility site at http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net to clarify that the purchased versions of the SB6141 and SB6121 are approved for use.
- If you LEASE your SB6141 or SB6121 from Comcast, those devices will continue to work, but Comcast will not be LEASING any new SB6121 or SB6141 units, and will be transitioning you into a newer device in the not-too-distant future.
If you have questions about our SURFboard SB6141 or SB6121, please contact us here. Also, visit us at surfboard.com to view our entire portfolio and find a product that fits your needs.
In the latest installment of the ARRIS Video Series, our Director of Global Retail Sales, Tom Boshell, takes a detailed look at the ARRIS SURFboard® cable modem and gateway portfolio.
These five videos offer an overview of the primary products in our line-up as well as detailed demonstrations, set-up procedures, and more.
- Gateways: This video reviews the standard features and set-up of our SURFboard Wi-Fi cable modems—some of the fastest and most reliable solutions for connecting to the Internet.
- Cable Modems: Tom covers the wired cable modem components of our SURFboard line-up, which are all about boosting your home network bandwidth and speed.
- Speed Test: This video features a real-time demonstration of the operating capabilities featured in our cable modems.
- Advanced Settings: Tom dives into the advanced settings that allow SURFboard users to enjoy a truly personalized experience—including custom network names and passwords, guest network management, parental controls, firewalls, and more.
- MoCA Technology: Tom offers a rundown of MoCA technology—a game-changer in delivering the ultimate connected experience.
Check out all of these videos using the links above or find them all here.
Spring has sprung. It’s time to clean house, and ARRIS can help.
All your family’s gadgets fight for bandwidth – making things messy… and slow. But ARRIS has two products that will put you on the fast track to a clean home network.
Our SURFboard® SB6141 Cable Modem ($99.99), with DOCSIS® 3.0 & IPv6 support, and our SURFboard SBG6782-AC Gateway ($219.99), an all-in-one device with 802.11AC WiFi®, give you new levels of connectivity matched with the fastest available wired and wireless Internet speeds. They’ll also save you more than $200 over five years vs. renting equipment from your service provider.
That’s like 60 cups of coffee… Which you’ll need, when our SURFboards put you hours ahead of your spring cleaning schedule, and make it easier than ever to stream your way through a marathon of last season’s House of Cards.
So, as you begin to organize your closet, make sure to give your home network some attention as well. A slow connection is so last season.